FEDERAL RELIEF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Housing Provisions in Emergency COVID-19 Relief Package
- $25 billion in Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) available until December 31, 2021 and an extension of the CDC’s federal eviction moratorium through January 31, 2021.
- By law, each state will receive a minimum of $200 million of ERA. It is estimated, Utah (state and local governments if they apply) will receive $213,409,000.
- Payments will be made directly to states, territories, tribal governments, and local governments with more than 200,000 residents. In order for the states or localities to get their share of ERA funds, they must submit completed payment information and a signed acceptance of award terms by 11:59 pm ET on January 12, 2021.
- Salt Lake City, Davis County, Salt Lake County, Utah County and Weber County are eligible to apply.
- Funds must be used for households below 80% AMI, and states and local governments must prioritize:
- households below 50% AMI, or
- those who are unemployed and have been unemployed for 90-days.